Monday, March 01, 2004

The company I work for asked me to give some thought to moving to Kobe. I was there last weekend and it is a nice place, but you know, I think the only place I would consider moving to if asked would be Tokyo. But that would be a challenge seeing as Andrea says she will never live there. Of course, two years ago she was saying the same thing about Japan, so who knows. But generally I just like Nagoya too much to think about living somewhere else. Lots of Japanese people think it is kind of a hick-town good-for-nothing place, but people say the same thing about Winnipeg (and we might add Nazareth!!) and I like it there too. Ten years ago I loved the idea of going someplace new every year or so, but now the thought of leaving roots and connections is not really a welcome one. Expanding them is one thing, but starting over is another thing entirely...

No comments: