Thursday, August 07, 2003

It is hot in Japan right now. Indescribably. I think 98% humidity is some kind of evil. Even when the temperature is not that high, it just feels so disgusting outside the house. Is it worse than Winnipeg winter? I think that one is a saw-off. In both situations we run from the house to the car and then from the car to the mall, doing whatever it takes to spend as little time as possible outside. But at least the ocean is not too far away. This weekend we are going to head out for a short beach holiday. A friend of ours lives about 300 metres from the beach.

I find myself looking very forward to Japanese winter again. Many Japanese feel it is too cold, but for me, it is heavy sweater weather. Last year on New Year's day we were outside in t-shirts playing football. And not knee deep in snow. Well, I guess I am paying my weather dues right now...

No comments: